AMVETS (American Veterans) is the nation’s most inclusive Congressionally-chartered veterans service organization, representing the interests of 20 million veterans. AMVETS is open to and fighting for all who honorably served in the United States military, including the Reserve and Guard. With more than 250,000 members nationwide, we are veterans serving veterans.
AMVETS Mission Statement: To enhance and safeguard the entitlements for all American Veterans who have served honorably and to improve the quality of life for them, their families, and the communities where they live through leadership, advocacy and services.
AMVETS Charities participate in the Combined Federal Campaign through the Military, Veterans and Patriotic Services Organizations of America federation. Our Combined Federal Campaign number is 10519.
- Two scholarships are specific to Veterans, Active Duty, Guard/Reserves:
- The AMVETS Scholarship: $4,000 – ($1,000 awarded annually over four years), three (3) awarded each year.
- The Dr. Aurelio M. Caccomo* Family Foundation Memorial Scholarship: $12,000 ($3,000 awarded annually over four years), two (2) awarded each year.
- Two scholarships are specific to children/grandchildren of Veterans, Active Duty, Guard/Reserves who are currently High School seniors:
- The AMVETS Scholarship: $4,000 – ($1,000) awarded annually over four years) six (6) awarded each year
- The JROTC Scholarship: $1,000 – (one payment of $1,000), one (1) awarded each year (JROTC ONLY. Proof from JROTC instructor must be included with application.)
To apply for a scholarship, please visit https://amvets.org/scholarships/